EXPOSING Lies We Believe About God (eBook)
Finally, we have a book written by one who is both personally and academically qualified to expose the true nature of Young’s writings.
Share this product
Download free from:Amazon Kindle B&N Nook Google Play Apple iBooks
For years, there has been uncertainty regarding Paul Young’s The Shack. Some have suspected heresy but have been unable to pin down exactly what Paul Young believed. James De Young, Th.D., who has known Paul Young for a couple decades, wrote Burning Down the Shack to expose Christians to the fact that Paul Young espoused universalism.
Now “the cat is out of the bag.” In his newest book, Lies We Believe about God, Young blatantly confesses adherence to universal reconciliation, as well as twenty-seven other beliefs that are heretical. Here are some of Paul Young’s unbiblical claims:
- God is not in control of everything
- God submits to human beings
- God is a Christian
- God is a sexual being, equally male and female
- People do not need to get saved
- Sin and hell do not separate people from God
- The cross was man’s idea, not God’s
- People have a second chance to believe after death
- Everyone is a child of God
- Universal reconciliation has been accomplished for all people
- The God of evangelical faith tortured his child, Jesus, and is the perpetrator of evil
Drawing upon his life-long teaching of the Bible and the original languages, James De Young appeals to the Bible to expose Paul Young as a heretic. In appendices, he also furnishes proof that Paul Young violates the Nicene Creed and the beliefs of the early church father Athanasius.
Finally, we have a book written by one who is both personally and academically qualified to expose the true nature of Young’s writings. De Young will empower you to:
- Discover the heresy in Young’s book, Lies We Believe About God
- Expand your ability to answer the lies found in universal reconciliation
- Enhance your capacity to discern between the truth and falsehood
- Strengthen your confidence in the truth of the Bible
About the Author
James B. De Young, Th.D., is senior professor of New Testament Language and Literature at Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon, where he has taught NT Greek and related courses for over forty years. His training includes Moody Bible Institute (diploma), East Texas Baptist University (BA), Talbot Theological Seminary (BD, Th.M.), and Dallas Theological Seminary (Th.D.). He has been a regular contributor to the Evangelical Theological Society. He has ministered abroad in Mexico, Europe, and Afghanistan. He has served at Damascus Community Church since 1971. James and his wife, Patricia Ann, live on a small farm in Damascus, Oregon. They have four children and twelve grandchildren, all living in the area.
James De Young has spent his life teaching the Bible and biblical languages. He is dedicated to empowering Christians to discern and apply biblical truth in an increasingly pluralistic culture. This has been his focus in all of his articles and various books, including those on biblical interpretation, homosexuality, Islam, women in ministry, submission to the state, and in his Burning Down the Shack. Since 2004, James has written to expose universal reconciliation as a heresy.