Life in Christ Vol 1
A deep, inspiring, and often challenging study of the Lord Jesus Christ’s miracles and parables.
Share this product
Original title: Miracles and Parables of Our Lord.
Men who were led by the hand or groped their way along the wall to reach Jesus were touched by his finger and went home without a guide, rejoicing that Jesus Christ had opened their eyes. Jesus is still able to perform such miracles. And, with the power of the Holy Spirit, his Word will be expounded and we’ll watch for the signs to follow, expecting to see them at once. Why shouldn’t those who read this be blessed with the light of heaven? This is my heart’s inmost desire.
I can’t put fine words together. I’ve never studied speech. In fact, my heart loathes the very thought of intentionally speaking with fine words when souls are in danger of eternal punishment. No, I work to speak straight to your hearts and consciences, and if there is anyone with faith to receive, God will bless them with fresh revelation.
– Charles H. Spurgeon
In this first volume, Charles H. Spurgeon expounds on the following miracles:
- Jesus heals two blind men by touching their eyes (Matthew 9:27-30).
- Jesus uses spit to heal another blind man (Mark 8:22-25).
- Jesus passes through the midst of those who would kill him (Luke 4:28-30).
- Jesus brings a widow’s son back to life (Luke 7:11-17).
- Jesus releases a woman from a spirit of infirmity (Luke 13:10-13).
- Jesus heals ten lepers but only one thanks him (Luke 17:12-16).
- Jesus gently rebukes his mother then makes wine for the wedding (John 2:1-5).
- Jesus tests a nobleman’s faith and his son is healed (John 4:46-53).
About the Author
Charles Haddon (C. H.) Spurgeon (1834-1892) was a British Baptist preacher. He started preaching at age 17, and quickly became famous. He is still known as the “Prince of Preachers,” and frequently had more than 10,000 people present to hear him preach at the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London. His sermons were printed in newspapers, translated into many languages, and published in many books.