This book is a comprehensive study on the subject of prayer, and Dwight Moody uses illustrations and stories to validate what he is saying and to help make the truths in this book stick.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God, for unto thee will I pray. – Psalm 5:2
This book is a comprehensive study on the subject of prayer, and will show you that there are nine elements which are essential to true prayer. These elements are as follows:
- Adoration – We cannot meet God on a level at the start. We must approach him as one far beyond our reach or sight.
- Confession – Sin must be put out of the way. We cannot have any communion with God while there is any disobedience between us.
- Restitution – We have to make amends for the wrong, wherever possible.
- Thanksgiving – We must be thankful for what God has done for us already.
- Forgiveness – We must forgive others and pull any root of bitterness that might be growing.
- Unity – Loving one another brings power in prayer.
- Faith – There must be faith, which the preceding things produce.
- Petition – Thus influenced by the other things, we will be ready to offer direct petition, or requests, to God. There needs to be more petition in our prayers.
- Submission – After all these, there must come submission. While praying, we must be ready to accept the will of God.
Dwight Moody expounds on these nine elements in this volume, using illustrations and stories to validate what he is saying and to help make the truths in this book stick.
About the Author
Dwight L. Moody, determined to make a fortune, arrived in Chicago and started selling shoes. But Christ found him and his energies were redirected into full-time ministry. And what a ministry it was. Today, Moody’s name still graces a church, a mission, a college, and more. Moody loved God and men, and the power of a love like that impacts generations.
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × .4 in|